A deadly Hialeah Car Accident in Miami-Dade County, Florida on Sunday evening has left two families families forever changed. CBS News has reported that the City of Hialeah Police Department arrested Henry Paz and charged him with two counts. One county of leaving the scene of an accident with a fatality and one count of leaving the scene of an accident involving injury.
Paz is reported to have struck two men who were at a bus stop at the intersection of 16th Avenue and West 49th Street. One man was catapulted into close by drive through window and died. The other man lost one leg above the knee and is now at Ryder Trauma Center fighting to avoid losing the other leg.
Police are reporting that Mr. Paz stated that his vehicle had a tire blow-out causing him to hit the sidewalk and the victims. It has been reported that he kept going down the road until he later called for a tow truck.
This incident appears to be many in a slew of car accidents that injured or killed people innocently waiting for the bus. This author has raised questions about safety measures in place for those waiting at designated bus stops. Other incidents have been caused by intoxicated drivers whose conduct in causing the accident may be far more egregious than this. However, if the reports are true, fleeing the scene of an accident with injury or death will not go unanswered.
Our sympathy goes out to the victims and their families caused by this incident. There will likely be much more investigation by the police and State Attorney to follow – possibly even Personal Injury and/or Wrongful Death lawsuits. Jeffrey S. Altman is a Miami Personal Injury Lawyer with The Altman Law Firm. Mr. Altman has been representing Catastrophic Injury victims, Traumatic Brain Injury victims and families of Wrongful Death victims since 1998. Our Miami Personal Injury Law firm is located minutes away from North Miami, North Miami Beach, Aventura, Miami Shores and South Beach. For a Free initial Consultation fill out the email form on our website or call 305.373.3730.Google+
Areas of Practice
- 18 Wheeler and Other Commerical Truck Accidents
- Alcohol Related Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Negligent Security
- Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
- Pedestrian and Tourist Accidents
- Public Bus Accidents
- Fall Down | Premises Liability Accidents
- Taxi Cabs and Limousine Accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Work Related Injury
- Wrongful Death
- 02 Sep 2020Representing Miami Personal Injury Clients During a Pandemic – The Altman Law Firm
- 10 Jan 2018The Altman Law Firm focuses on Catastrophic Injury Cases
- 02 May 2016Miami-Dade Emergency Vehicles Driving Through Intersections
- 26 Apr 2016Successfully Handling Miami Injury Cases
- 10 Sep 2015The Altman Law Firm obtained a $5,000,000.00 Settlement that was Featured in The Daily Business Review